Sunday, February 17, 2013

The High Line, New York City




On our most recent trip to New York, my lovely step-daughter Jenny took us to the High Line, which I had read about but couldn't visualize. I must say that it is quite a remarkable place, stretching about a mile and a half down into Chelsea, two stories or so above the street. It's a former train track converted to a sort of park, albeit a narrow one. I've read about massive crowds making it uncomfortable, but on this winter's day it was just about perfect. I don't really understand the area at the bottom. It's basically rows of seats where people just sit and look at the traffic down below. I suppose you can eat, drink, talk, and rest as well. Whatever, it's a great idea. All photos taken with the Sony NEX 5n and kit lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment