Saturday, November 2, 2013

World Series in Saint Louis 2013




I had the great pleasure of watching two of my former players at Saint Francis High School compete against each other in games three and four of the World Series. This will probably never happen again in my lifetime and I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to get to Saint Louis to see it. Thanks to the quick response of my wife, Margaret, I was able to get a flight on Friday which got me into Saint Louis at midnight. I was joined on the flights by the father of Cardinal infielder Dan Descalso, George, so the time in the air flew by. (It always does) Mark O'Brien and I got to the park early for batting practice, and it was fun to see the children of the players take part in the pre-game activities. At top is Boston relief ace Koji Uehara and his son Kaz leaving the field at the conclusion of batting practice. The little guy speaks English and was an in-demand inteview by the press corps. Photo number 2 is Daniel Descalso taking a hack in game three, and at the bottom, Daniel Nava singles in a run in an eventual Red Sox loss on a freak interference call in the bottom of the ninth. A great weekend all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment