Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Classic Albums on Vinyl # 3


It's sort of hard to call this a "classic" album because it was never intended for general release. It's called "The Official Live Bootleg" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, recorded December 12th, 1976. It is on ABC/Shelter Records and has one side  consisting only of four songs. I was with my music director friend, Dana Jang, at a small club in Palo Alto, either the Keystone or Sophie's, I can't remember. It was, as I recall, an invited guest only concert and I got an autographed copy from my friend Genarro Rippo, who was their sound man at the time. The band played a rather short set but I knew from the first note that these guys were the real deal. Clockwise, the autographs are Mike Campbell, guitar, Ron Blair, bass, Benmont Tench, keyboards, Stan Lynch, drums, and Tom Petty, lead vocals and guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment