Monday, February 10, 2014

Bruce Springsteen, Santa Clara University, October 3, 1976






In the middle of a big nation-wide tour in 1976, Bruce Springsteen filled a date at Toso Pavillion on the Santa Clara University campus. For some reason, I lucked out into front row seats. I was so close, I had trouble focusing. I actually had to lean backwards to get accurate focus. Shot number two shows The Big Man, the late Clarence Clemons, and in number four, "Miami" Steve Van Zandt of "Sopranos" fame. Bruce and Stevie share the microphone in the third photograph. I was using Kodak Ektachrome slide film at 400 ASA and a Nikon FM 2 with a lens I can't remember. Good memories.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I was there covering for the Stanford Daily although I was attending UC Santa Cruz. Greatest performance I have ever seen, and I saw Bruce several times, including at his sisters Confirmation Mass at St. Matthews in San Mateo.

    ReplyDelete