Wednesday, October 1, 2014

On The Rock







Once ashore, we listened to some caveats from the National Park Service Rangers before being broken up into four groups of ten. Each group was assigned a ranger who kept track of time and wayward photographers, many of whom don't enjoy being herded around like recalcitrant cats. In some places we had too much time and in others, not enough. We were outside for perhaps 45 minutes total of the four hour visit. Four of these photographs were hand-held, the other two on a tripod for 30 second exposures. I would have liked about an hour of at least dusk to wander around, but no such luck. I did learn some interesting history from the rangers that was new to me, as was Alcatraz itself since in my fifty years in the Bay Area I had never had the occasion to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment