Sunday, November 2, 2014

Architecture in Trinidad






Although I was able to spend only about two hours in Trinidad in 2003, I am still happy with some of the photographs. In subsequent visits lasting two days or more, I was able to explore much more of this fascinating Colonial city in Central Cuba, a World Heritage site. It was six years before I got back, and then another two years for a third visit. Houses have been repainted, buildings are either in a greater state of decay or have been entirely restored, and I wander farther afield each time. It's a small, very walkable place if you have good walking shoes as the cobblestones can take their toll after a while. There are two very good hotels and a few excellent restaurants, but otherwise few concessions to tourism.

No comments:

Post a Comment