Sunday, December 14, 2014

Copenhagen, Denmark, 2010






Our first visit to Scandanavia was made in 2010 on a cruise. Not a bad way to travel, but one doesn't get to spend much time in any one place. It was fun to go to bed and wake up in an entirely new country, at least new to me. Doing photography on a cruise involves certain workarounds, such as not having the best light nor the chance to do night photography. I try to move from cinematic shots, wide-angle overviews, to close ups of details I find interesting and perhaps give a sense of place to the shots. Beer is often something that can tell the viewer where a picture might have been taken. The shot at the bottom leaves little doubt since there is a sign advertising the Copenhagen Jazz Festival. The photograph above that one is of Microsoft's Paul Allen's mega-yacht, the Octopus. The crew wouldn't even tell us who owned it, but Nigel was wearing a Washington State Cougar cap and a crewman did give him a hint. I enjoyed Copenhagen, but it's not on my must-see-more list. Clearly, I don't have too much to go on. A hazard of cruising for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment