Thursday, June 25, 2015

Paris July 2014








My friend Matt and his family, one wife and one daughter, are taking their first trip to Europe in a couple of weeks. I thought I'd give them a little taste of what to look for on their travels. First stop-Paris. I hope they get to see the pond at the end of the Tuileries gardens at sunset, I hope they walk through the courtyard of the Louvre after most of the tourists have left. I hope they walk by the wonderful Parisian cafes and look in the windows. I hope they stand on one of the many bridges crossing the Seine and look in both directions. (I think the "locks of love" have been removed). I hope they look down the Champs-Elysses at sunset and see the Obelisque framed by the Arc de Triomphe. I hope they stop to look at some of the art deco cafes all over the city. And finally, I hope they take a cruise down the Seine, touristy as it may be. Bon Voyage my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment