Friday, February 5, 2016

David Bowie, The Cow Palace, February 6, 1976



Sad news recently with the passing of David Bowie. I only had the chance to see him once, and that's because my friend Dana had free tickets. I was not much of a fan going in, but came away much more appreciative of his music. He was also a mesmerizing stage presence, with a minimalist set and fantastic lighting, suitable more for a movie filmed in black and white than a rock concert. Far and away the best lighting for a concert I've ever been to. With all the tributes pouring in the past weeks, I only just now realized what an impact he had on the world of pop music, not to mention how many great songs he wrote and performed. My favorite, "Space Oddity" which I've heard in two movies recently, as well as an awesome utube video by an actual astronaut in space.

No comments:

Post a Comment