Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Magnificent City






Last night, January 18th, I braved the rush hour traffic to drive to San Francisco to see, along with my friend Len, Eddie Izzard at the Brava Theater in the Mission district. I got there early to get a bite to eat at the Roosevelt Tamale Factory, then strolled a block to the theater. While I waited for Len, I took advantage of the myriad sights along 24th Street. Except for the restaurant picture, all the photographs were taken within 100 feet of the theater entrance. I used the Sony RX 100 at 1600 and 800 isos, wide open at f/1.8, and 1/40 shutter speed. No noise reduction of any kind. I find I'm using this camera almost every day because of its size, its outstanding low-light performance, color accuracy, and handling characteristics. Eddie Izzard was hilarious, even if I couldn't understand everything he said. He is working on a new show, although he used material from earlier performances, according to Len, who has seen him a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment