Friday, August 9, 2013

A Day in the City









Yesterday was a long, but very enjoyable, day. According to the Jawbone walk/sleep wristband my wife purchased for us recently, my son, Jason, and I took 14,500 something steps during the course of our trek through San Francisco. If a step is three feet, that means about nine miles. Maybe eight, but I'm still tired. We began the morning at the Caffe Trieste in North Beach, haunt of hippies, beats, and countless others through the years. Even my grandson Curtis wears a beret. After that, it was a stroll through Chinatown, and then the climb up to Coit Tower, a place I had never seen despite my forty-five plus years in the area. From there, we walked down, thank God, to the Embarcadero where the grandkids were anxious to visit the Exploratorium. Pictures two and three are from the hike down, number three in Levi Strauss Plaza. The next four are from the Exploritorium; a convex mirror, some sort of mirror that paints the subjects rather abstractly, a machine that blows smoke rings, and my grandson in profile in a classic short movie theater. Jason I and left the others and made our way down the Embarcadero to see the America's Cup Yacht pavillon and environs. Then back to the Ferry Building where the mushroom photograph was taken. A really nice day with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment