Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Amusement Parks With Davis







My grandson Davis stayed with us for a week, and we had the chance to take him to a couple of amusement parks in the area, places I normally wouldn't set foot in. Seeing him have fun was well worth it though. I took my Sony RX 100 to see if it was possible to get some interesting photographs in an environment I hadn't been in since my son was little. The top photograph is a salt water taffy machine at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It should be called the Cement Walk as there are no boards to be seen. In the third photograph, Davis is gazing longingly at the candy-making process. The other four photos were taken a few days later at Great America in Santa Clara, right next to the San Francisco Forty Niner's new stadium. Although I didn't ride on the contraption in photo number four, we did go on the old wooden roller coaster. We were set to get on the new high-speed one, but the wait was over an hour. No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment