Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Oia, Santorini Again





In making some canvas prints for my step-daughter Jenny and her husband Tyler a few weeks ago, I was reminded of what a magical place Oia specifically and Santorini in general really is. I remember being quite jealous when she announced they would be honeymooning in Santorini and Italy. These photographs are from our last visit to Greece, in 2005 when I was using an 8 megapixel Konica-Minolta bridge camera. My favorite of the four is the couple on the rocks. The look on her face says all you need to know about how she feels about her man. At the bottom, the view is from the caldera (the area left after a volcano explodes) out to the crater itself which filled with water when part of the caldera was below sea level.

No comments:

Post a Comment