Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri 2012








There's a lot of down time waiting for a baseball game to start in a mostly unfamiliar city, so I tried to make the most of it. I took a $50.00 cab ride out to the Hill, a mostly Italian-American area within the Saint Louis city limits, for lunch at Adriana's. It turned out to be well worth the cost. I was welcomed like a long-lost relative when I informed the proprietesse, Adriana, that I had been Daniel Descalso's high school coach. She showered me with more food than I could eat, hugs, and promises of eternal friendship. I went there at the urging of Daniel's dad, George, and am looking forward to going back this weekend. Photographs # 1,4, and 6 are from the Hill, the rest from downtown Saint Louis. Sony Nex 7 and 5n cameras used for the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment