Monday, July 28, 2014

Street Photography in Morocco









For me, street photography almost always involves people. I'm not particularly adept at asking strangers if I can take their picture, so I rely on the tilting screen of my Sony RX 100 3 to feign looking down at my pictures when I'm actually trying to frame a shot. These were taken in Casablanca, Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira. The souk in Marrakech was my favorite place to shoot, with the light streaming in from above during the middle of the day and casting long shadows on the floor. One of the specialities in Marrakech is the freshly squeezed orange juice sold everywhere, but I got my first delicious glass in the Place Jemaa el-Fna, the massive outdoor showplace that is the cultural hub of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment