Friday, October 2, 2015

Dublin, Ireland: The Temple Bar








I knew that I was going to change planes in Dublin on my way back from Spain, I didn't know that I would spend the night and over 300 Euros for the pleasure. After arriving in Dublin from Madrid with over two hours to spare until my flight to San Francisco, I walked from one terminal to the next without rushing. I got to the check-in counter and tried to get my boarding pass, but was told the flight was already closed and I would have to see Aer Lingus to book another flight. It turns out, the fine print on my reservation said to be at the counter no more than 75 minutes before the flight. I got there at 70 minutes. Passengers going to the United States have to clear customs in Dublin, not in the US city. Bummer! I got booked for a flight 24 hours later and got an airport hotel. I was not a happy camper at this point. So, very underdressed for the cold, breezy Dublin weather, I took a city bus into the center and made the best of it. I finally stumbled on to the Temple Bar area of the city and went to the bar of the same name for a pint of Guiness and some live music. While extremely touristy, the bar was lively, colorful and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment