Monday, January 18, 2016

Havana Portraits








Although portraits are probably my favorite genre of travel photography, they are the most difficult for me so I never end up with as many as I would like. I actually asked all these gentlemen if I could take a picture and got no negative responses. Photograph number five is of two men either stoned or inebriated rather early in the day, so I beat a hasty retreat right after taking this picture. The other guys were more than willing and very friendly about it as well. The young man on top turned out to be my driver through Old Havana later that afternoon. I told him I hired him because of what he was wearing. The old boxer at the bottom was gruff but game. The man in the middle photograph was my favorite and this is one of about five I took of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment