Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bobble Heads


I am not a collector of bobbleheads, despite the six examples here. When
I have some connection to a person who has had his own bobblehead issued, however, I make an exception. Three of these are former players; John Gall on the far left when he was playing for the Memphis Chicks before his call-up to the St. Louis Cardinals, Eric Byrnes in his Oakland A's days; Eric again when he was in Sacramento; Carney Lansford, who coached with me in 2003 and 2004 and who was honored at the Oakland Coliseum; Ron Isola, the retired Riordan High School coach,; and Gaylord Perry, the great Giant pitcher whose likeness I picked up on his Bobblehead day at Pac Bell Park a few years ago. I have no connection to him at all. I used the Toy Camera setting on the Sony NEX7 for this shot, the first time I have tried one of the special filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment