Sunday, March 24, 2013

Paris 2001




I'm posting these photographs not because of any artistic pretensions about them, but because I just found them after having lost track of them for many years. They were stuck on a CD in a box I hadn't looked in for who knows how long. These were taken with the Canon Powershot G1, a 3.3 megapixel camera that set me back about $800 in 2001. But it was my first digital camera and I was very taken with the technology, despite all sorts of issues. I also brought along my Rollei Prego 90 for the majority of the shots on this four day whirlwind trip. Out of camera, the pictures aren't very impressive, but I'm having fun using some newer software on a few of them. The NIK software suite is my personal favorite, especially Viveza. The middle picture shows my dinner, steak frites, and, typically for my wife, fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment