Monday, March 4, 2013

Cameras I Use









The post says "Cameras I Use" but that's not really true. I only use a few of these now. There's a couple missing as well. From bottom to top, my new favorite is the Sony RX 100. It's with me always, thanks to my friend George who bought it first. Remarkable little machine. Above that is the Sony NEX 7, my main camera for travel, sports, and just about everything I don't use the little guy for. Now for the retired friends. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1, the Sony HX-5, and the Pentax Optio S4. The Pany got the most use, followed closely by the Sony, with the Pentax taking third place. Moving on up, we have the Nikon Coolpix 5000, which accompanied me on my first trips to Greece and Cuba, the Konica-Minolta A2, which went to Italy, Greece, and many points in between, and the Nikon Coolpix 5700, another travel companion. Moving farther back in time, there's perhaps my all-time favorite camera, the Nikon FM 2. Constant concert companion and workhorse. All-manual film beauty. I wish it still worked. Above that one are two other cameras that I used all over Europe and beyond. On the left, my first auto-focus, the Nikon N80, next to the Rollei Prego 90. The Rollei was essentially a point-and-shoot film camera which served me well for a few years. And finally the switch to digital. In the middle is the Canon Powershot G1, a three megapixel job which cost me about $ 800 in 2001. Remarkable for its time but not viable today. On the left is my wife's first digital, the Canon Powershot Pro 1, which died on her in Venice, but recovered to do a fine job, and my  later Canon Powershot G9, which has been a proven performer for a number of years. Missing cameras include the Nikon D80, D90, and Sony NEX 5n, two of which I still have. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment