Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dancing To Sculpture/Hanoi and Ha Long Bay






My wife was headed home, and I was left to my own devices. After seeing her off in a taxi to the airport, I had a day in Hanoi and then an excursion to Ha Long Bay the next day before heading home via Hong Kong. Walking down to the lake, I saw hundreds of women dancing to a boom box. It was just after five am and these ladies were really sweating to the oldies. Later the same day, the pedi-cab driver was catching some shut eye, and games were being played. Ha Long Bay, about a two and a half hour drive from Hanoi, was beautiful. We took a slow boat around the more than two hundred uninhabited islands, and the next morning, Japanese tourists were taking the waters before seven am. I can't wait to go back to Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment