This is a wonderful garden located in the heart of the Ville Nouvelle (the new town). In 1923, Jacques Majorelle, a French painter, fell in love with Marrakech and built himself a Moorish villa. Around the house he laid out a luxuriant garden which was opened to the public in 1947. After his death, the property was bought by the famous couturier Yves Saint-Laurent and his partner Pierre Berge. The garden was a welcome respite after an afternoon tour of Marrakech before checking in at our Riad.