Sunday, August 17, 2014

Washington D.C.








At the end of our trip to Morocco and Paris, we flew home via Washington D.C., a city I had never visited before, much to the consternation of my colleagues at school. They were shocked that I had been to so many places yet neglected to include our nation's capitol on our yearly summer excursions. I had an entire day to kill before my flight home to San Francisco, so I enlisted the help of Rachel Marrion, the daughter of Sue and Nigel, who lives there. She picked me up at my hotel, drove us into the city where we explored the Mall for about six hours, and then drove me back. Above and beyond the call of duty, but that's the Marrions! Rachel is at the bottom when we stopped for lunch at the end of the afternoon. Above Rachel is a photograph in the Air and Space Museum of the astronauts sent up to fix the Hubble Space Station. One of the astronauts is Megan McArthur, a graduate of Saint Francis High School whom we are very proud of. Now I just need to get back to D.C. for a proper visit. Thanks again, Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment