Friday, August 2, 2013

Burano Abstracts Part 1







The island of Burano in the Venetian lagoon is not the best-known or easiest-to-get-to of the numerous islands near Venice. But for the photographer, it is hands down the most alluring. Its more renowned neighbor is Murano, of Murano glass fame. Burano, on the other hand, is a fishing village and former lace-making center. Its main attraction for me is simply color. I was able to spend about four hours there before Margaret came out to join me for lunch at the excellent Trattoria da Romano whose risotto was featured on an episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. We didn't know this until the people sitting next to us gave us a generous sample of the creamy goodness. Delicious! It was nice to be able to wander alone through the twisting streets and really take my time, having been rushed my previous visits. All photographs taken with the Sony NEX 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment