Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Clouds and Skies in Black and White






One thing about living in California is we don't often get dramatic skies. I am not a meteorologist so I have no idea why. When I travel, then, I try to take photographic advantage when I see a particularly striking sky. From top to bottom, Venice, 2004, taken with the Konica-Minolta A2; Wasilla, Alaska, Rocky Lake, 2009, Panasonic DMC LX1; somewhere near Albany, New York, Canon Powershot G9; Wasilla, Alaska, Rocky Lake. Not the best composition as my friend George in the boat is hugging the edge of the frame, but I still like this picture, taken about 10:30 at night just after we got back from waterskiing. The last photograph is of Cook Inlet in Anchorage, Alaska. nothing special about this except for the sky, and we were eating very fresh crab legs at the Snow Goose in downtown Anchorage. Canon Powershot G9.

No comments:

Post a Comment