Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Music That Matters






To say what music matters is a highly subjective issue. Of course, I don't really think it's subjective. I think it's a fact. This is a source of many arguments with my friends, some of whom will have nothing to do with the greatest American Rock band of all time, Steely Dan, pictured on top in San Jose in 2010. People I actually like and respect (Meighan and Don) just don't get them. Astonishing! Below Steely Dan is Richard Thompson, the great English guitarist, singer, and songwriter, all of which he does in relative obscurity. My wife hates him. Taken in 2010 in San Francisco with an actual SLR, the Nikon D90. Next is Eric Clapton taken in San Jose in 2010 with the Canon G9 at 400 iso. When Clapton plays the blues, there's nobody I'd rather listen to, and I've been listening to him since 1967. My current favorite band is Crowded House, a continuing love affair since 1987. Pictured is Neil Finn, the lead singer and songwriter of the band, taken in 2010 at the Warfield Theater in San Francisco with the Sony HX5V. His newest song will be released as the main theme in the new Hobbit movie. Great stuff. Pictured at bottom is one of my all-time faves, Buffalo Springfield, at their reunion in 2010 in Mountain View at Neil Young's Bridge Benefit concert. What a thrill to see them for the first time in 40 years. Also taken with the little Sony. These artists are in my personal pantheon, my top ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment