Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Point and Shoot on Vacation




I often use a point-and-shoot camera when I'm not really planning to do any artsy-craftsy type of photography. They're great for just having something to shoot with when you want to relax and not take things too seriously. Both of the top two shots were taken after a long day lugging my big Nikons around. After showering the sweat off, I was up on deck as we were cruising slowly down the Mekong River and a cloudburst seemed imminent. Many of us were enjoying a beverage and waiting for the dinner bell to sound. My camera on this trip was the Panasonic DMC-ZS7. The bottom photo was taken on my ride into Hong Kong before heading home to San Francisco. Shooting out a bus window is challenging but the Panasonic was up to the task. Ming Thien, on his blog/website, does a great job explaining why a point-and-shoot might be all a traveling photographer really needs if he/she has the chops to compose a photograph. All three pictures at iso 80-100.

No comments:

Post a Comment