Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sony DSC-RX100 First Shots




Today was my first day with the Sony DSC-RX100 with its 1" sensor, huge by point-and-shoot standards. I hesitate to call this a point-and-shoot, however, as it affords the photographer with as much resolving power as he or she is likely to need on an everyday basis. Before making the purchase, I read tons of on-line reviews and checked my favorite blogs to see if it could live up to its promise. These are JPEGs with a minimum of Photoshopping done to them. When ACR supports RAW files, I will be taking advantage of that format. I did straighten the top and bottom shots as I was looking straight down. I also boosted the yellows a bit as I had read, correctly, that the camera doesn't render yellows as well as other colors. I slightly sharpened the files and down-sized them from their native 15x10, 350 DPI out of camera. Even at 100% the pictures looked great. This camera literally fits in a shirt pocket, minus the Sony case. I'm looking forward to doing some casual portraits to see how the camera handles skin tones. For now, I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment