Saturday, October 20, 2012

Havana and Trinidad, Cuba, 2009




One thing photography does for me, at least, is bring me back to a moment in time. At my advanced age, remembering things is not always easy (ask my wife). When I look at these pictures, I'm right there again. This is Cuba in 2009, our second trip, and the first with decent equipment. The top photograph I call "Outside La Guarida." We had just finished a great dinner at the restaurant of that name, the hardest reservation in Havana, and were waiting for a cab. This family was congregating outside, about 10:30 at night, to beat the heat, and I pulled out my Nikon D300 with Tokina 11-16 and shot in available light at 2.8, 3200 iso. I used the Bleach Bypass filter in NIK Color Efex Pro. The middle photo was taken in Trinidad. A friend pointed out to me that the area to the right of the door looks almost like Cuba. The bottom picture, also from Trinidad, kinda speaks for itself, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment