Sunday, October 28, 2012

Point and Shoot in Europe




All three of these photographs were taken with the tiny Panasonic DMC-LX1, my carry-around camera on a number of trips in 2006-2008. It has an aspect ratio of 16x9, although the bottom picture has been cropped. Sometimes when it's cold, I'll have my bigger cameras in the case and a point-and-shoot in hand. That's called being lazy I suppose. The top two are from Paris in 2007, the bottom is Rome in 2006. I used the lens correction tool in Photoshop to straighten the photograph at the Louvre, and applied the structure slider in NIK Viveza to all three shots. Sometimes the structure feature brings out more noise, but these were all at ISO 64-80 so there wasn't much noise to begin with. I also added a smidgen of the Sunshine filter in NIK Colorefex to the middle shot. I also used the LX1 in restaurants to photograph food, a very touristy thing to do, but which my wife, Margaret, talked me into doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment