Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Malecon Sunset, Havana 2009




Both of these photographs were taken in 2009 on the Malecon in Havana, the place where Habaneros go to cool off, have a drink, get cozy with a friend, socialize, swim in very dirty water, and fish. I used the Nikon D300 and the Tokina 11-16 wide angle lens. I love this lens! Even though I can still use it with an adaptor on the Sony NEX cameras I'm now using, the lens is manual focusing only. I like the tremendous depth-of-field this lens offers along with the sweeping angle of view. It's also fast, with a 2.8 maximum aperture. I'm looking forward to the release of the new Sony 10-18 sometime next month. Both of these photographs break a "rule" that it is bad technique to put the horizon in the center of the frame, but I just couldn't decide what to leave out, so I compromised. Regardless of what the "rules" say, I'm happy with both pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment