Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Young and the Old






If I could be really accomplished as a photographer, I believe I would like to be a portrait photographer. I rarely set out to do portraits when I travel, but always seem to come home with some pictures that stay with me. The top photograph was taken in a new city on the Yangtze River in 2008 where people were being resettled as a result of the Three Gorges Dam project. The middle photo was taken in 2011 in a village in Cambodia along the Mekong River. The bottom picture was taken in Saigon in the Reunification Palace where Vietnam War veterans were being honored. I found it somewhat ironic that a Vietnamese war veteran would willing pose for an American, but he seemed happy to comply. Nikon D80 and D90 with the 18-200 travel zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment