Sunday, October 7, 2012

Joe Jackson and the Bigger Band



Last Thursday night, October 4th, my wife and two friends took in the Joe Jackson Bigger Band at Villa Montalvo in Saratoga. I'd seen Joe many times over the years, but this particular band was special. He is currently touring behind his new album, "The Duke," and while I'm not in love with the album, the songs he did that night were spectacular live. Two of the standout musicians touring with Joe included the great jazz violinist Regina Carter, and a long-time collaborator, Sue Hadjopoulos, on a staggering variety of percussion instruments. The photograph was taken with my stealth camera, the Sony NEX 5n, using the Intelligent auto mode, at 3200 iso. Although the photograph wasn't very noisy at all, I still used Nik's Define to give it a bit of noise reduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment