Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Paris




I tend to read a lot of photography blogs, many of which are concerned with "street photography." It's not my preferred genre, but I just enjoy reading about any kind of photography. There sure seem to be a lot of Leica fan boy types out there too, who seem to gravitate to street photography. I can't remember what camera I was using for these three shots taken in '97, '96, and '97 from top to bottom, but I suppose they can be classified as "street." On top is a shot taken in the Rue Mouffetard, a fantastic place full of shops, markets, restaurants and the like. I love the expressions on the faces of the people. The middle picture was taken from a bridge over the Seine. Father and son. Pretty cool. The bottom is on the Left Bank in Paris. There's the Metro, the gendarmes, the kiosk, the book store, the elegantly dressed Parisians, the leaves on the wet pavement. It's, like, totally Paris! (I spend WAY too much time around teenagers)

No comments:

Post a Comment