Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Partial Horses, Cuba




From top to bottom, you can see slightly more horse than in the previous photograph. What, exactly, is the significence of this? There's nothing, so stop looking!  All three were taken in Trinidad, Cuba: Top: 2003, Nikon 5700,  Middle: 2012, Sony NEX 7, Bottom: 2009, Nikon D90. Horses are EVERYWHERE in Trinidad. Not that that's a bad thing except for the steaming patties all over the streets. My favorite? Top photo...worst camera, best picture. I love the geometry of the picture. I can't remember how I framed it, except that it works. The other two are OK, with maybe the bottom shot more interesting than the middle one because the woman is looking right at the animal, and I can't help but wonder what she's thinking. I had the idea that the horse in the middle shot sees the brown spot on the wall and thinks about dropping some presents on the cobblestones. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment